Great March break projects and apps for the family!
For many families, next week is March break, when the schools close and the kids come home. If they’re coming home to iPhones and iPads, there’s a lot to keep them busy — and learning!
Whether you’re going on vacation or enjoying a much-deserved staycation, there are plenty of apps both built-into the iPhone and iPad and available on the App Store to help pass the time and make the most of it. If you’re looking for some projects to get creative with, we originally filmed these for the summer, but they work just as well for the spring.
- Learn a new language with Duolingo on your iPhone or iPad
- Make a vacation travel trailer with iMovie on your iPhone or iPad!
- Make a nature journal with your iPhone or iPad and iPhoto!
- Make rookie cards for your team on your iPhone or iPad
If you’re just looking for some great new apps to try, iTunes is currently recommending:
- Sajo Mini Jinja bundle – Download now
- Piko family friendly videos – Download now
- Goodnight Caillou – Download now
YouTube has also just released a kids version of their video app so, if you’re kids are watching, you can be assured they won’t come across anything inappropriate.
- YouTube Kids – Download now
If you’re worried about how your kids are using the iPhone or iPad in general, make sure you check this out as well:
If your kids have March break next week, and you’ve got any fun iPhone or iPad projects planned, or great apps lined up for them let me know which ones!