CLAD Certification: an Insight
What is clad certification
CLAD stands for certified LabView associated developer issued by National Instruments (NI). It is basically a first level certification linked to the LabView programming. The certification covers three areas namely:
- The automated test
- Data acquisition (High Channel)
- Data logging and measurement for domain experts
The certification represents a certain level of LabView mastery. A person having this certification can utilize LabView to do the following:
- Contribute elements to projects and large Vis
- Interpret and acquire the data
- Editing of medium-sized Vis
- Developing of small Vis
How to Prepare
To prepare for this exam, the best way is to go for a ‘LabView programming experience’. The experience will allow you to apply different concepts that have been presented in core 2 and core 1 courses. Mere class attendance will not suffice. You need to undertake NI’s LabView Core 1 as well as core 2 course. You should also be having an experience of at least 6 to 9 months of utilizing LabView.
Prepare for exam using AioTestking: https://www.aiotestking.com/clad-exam-dumps.html
CLAD Exam: Logistics
CLAD exam consists of 42 questions. All the questions are in the form of multiple choices. You will be provided with 4 different options and you need to choose anyone. There may arise a case where you may think that 2 answers are correct, under such a scenario select the answer which you think is the best.
To clear the exam, you need to score 70% marks. The score is given on the basis of 40 answers. 2 pre-deployment questions are very much there in the exam, however, they have no impact on the overall scoring.
You can take CLAD exam at any testing center (PearsonVUE). You can schedule your exam from http://www.pearsonvue.com/ni/. While scheduling the exam, do not forget to specify your exam format i.e. whether you wish to give the exam using LabView 20xx or LabView NXG. The exam terminology will actually reflect the LabView editor which you will select, however, the exam content will be same. Select the LabView editor with which you are comfortable. Regardless of what editor you choose, the certification at the end of the day will be the same.
It is not allowed to use LabView or any other resource once the exam has started. CLAD exam provides you the necessary screenshots from the LabView help and the environment where appropriate. You cannot take this exam, unless you sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). The NDA says that you will not reproduce, communicate or copy any part of the exam whether electronic or verbal. You need to sign the NDA, and failure to do so will result in the exam failure.
What is tested
CLAD exam is ideal for individuals who are seeking jobs that require programmings such as domain support, automated test,and high channel count data acquisition. The majority of these jobs include processing and collecting of data in the form of signals that come from sensors. To judge the knowledge, abilities,and skills of the candidate, CLAD utilizes an NI-DAQmx system. The system was chosen because of its ability to get simulated on all the versions of LabView. Lastly, if it is possible for you to access the LabView, then in such a case, you have all the resources that are required for the preparation of the exam. You do not need to buy any specific hardware.
The exam does not test the settings which are DAQmx function-specific. The questions utilize NI-DAQmx to test skills and knowledge which is mandatory for normal data acquisition tasks such as determining operation order and calculating of sample rates etc.
What does CLAD Certification mean
Having this particular certification means that:
- You can utilize software architectures from a single Vi to Event-Driven UI handler
- You can collect data from the sensors utilizing NI Hardware
- You can utilize array functions to manipulate and extract a single channel data from a data which is multi-channeled in nature
- You can utilize loops in order to run a test more than once in order get the voltage ramp established
Getting CLAD certification makes you an expert in several different areas. Some of these areas which this exam covers are as follows:
- 10% of the questions in the exam are covered by hardware
- Validating and acquiring a signal
- Processing of signals
- Utilization of optimum sample rates
LabView Programming Environment
- The section covers 25% of exam questions
- Move, add and delete elements
- Utilize right folders and libraries
- Try to avoid any kind of cross-linking
- Identify the data types on panel which is on the front
- Identify the data types present on the block diagram
- Select appropriate functions, controls, data types and indicators
Order of Execution
- A normal state machine
- A UI handler which is event-driven
- Parallel loops that are without lines
- Utilizing basic functions to develop a simple visualize application
- This section covers 50% of the exam questions
- The section covers loops
- Utilizing the loop type effectively
- For the while loops and for loops perfectly
- The section also covers arrays
- The section covers SubVIs while reusing the code
- The section covers clusters, i.e. grouping of the data
- The section also covers the data type changes
Yes, the topic covered requires a lot of practice which means that you cannot take this exam lightly at all. If possible, try to prepare at least 6 months before the exam. It is also recommended that you should seek help from an individual who has previously given this exam and has been successful. There are a lot of forums on the internet from where you can get the relevant preparation material. Give some practice exams before you actually go for the real exam.
Make your move! And acquire this exceptional certification.