Is the OnePlus 6 worth buying over the Galaxy S9?
That’s a tough call.
The OnePlus 6 offers one of the best value propositions in the smartphone space right now, providing customers a flagship-like phone experience for considerably less than a lot of the competition.
However, how does the phone hold up when paired against Samsung’s Galaxy S9 series? Specifically, the Galaxy S9+.
One of our AC forum members recently purchased the OnePlus 6, but with Best Buy currently selling the S9+ for $300 off its retail price, is considering jumping ship to team Samsung.
They reached out to the community for some advice, and this was the response.
05-30-2018 04:14 PM
S9+ is by FAR a better phone. If they’re even near each other in price, the OnePlus 6 would be the default loser.
05-31-2018 11:56 AM
If you care about the camera, then S9+ is the best of the two.
If you care about software and updates,OnePlus 6 is the best of the two.
06-01-2018 02:44 AM
I have both and it is a really hard call. Ultimately it ends up that the OP takes the crown for speed and software but the S9+ IMO beats it on every other count.
I probably should have gone for the 256gb as that negates the SD expansion of the S9 but overall despite the cost difference I’d still pick the S9+ Actually in the UK the LG G7 is not a million miles away price wise from the OnePlus…
05-31-2018 04:37 PM
S9+ by far, unless op6 is 300$ cheaper, it offer nothing over s9 except more frequent updates
What do you say? Is the OnePlus 6 a better purchase over the Galaxy S9?
Join the conversation in the forums!
- OnePlus 6 review
- OnePlus 6 vs. OnePlus 5T: How much changes in six months?
- OnePlus 6 vs. OnePlus 5: Should you upgrade?
- These are the official OnePlus 6 cases
- The OnePlus 6 doesn’t work on Verizon or Sprint
- Join the discussion in the forums
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Galaxy S9 and S9+: Everything you need to know!
- Galaxy S9 review: A great phone for the masses
- Complete Galaxy S9 and S9+ specs
- Galaxy S9 vs. Galaxy S8: Should you upgrade?
- Join our Galaxy S9 forums