Everything that’s new in OxygenOS
Have a OnePlus phone? Here’s what’s new with your latest update.
OxygenOS is the software that powers OnePlus phones, and even if you’re not enrolled in the Open Beta, it’s still frequently updated with new features and bug fixes to keep an eye out for.
It can be tough to keep track of what’s new, so we’ll be updating this guide with each new OxygenOS update that’s rolled out.
June 1, 2018 — May security patch comes to OnePlus 5 and 5T
OnePlus pushed out a small update to the OnePlus 5 and 5T on June 1 (OxygenOS 5.1.2), with one of the most notable changes being an upgrade to the May 2018 Android security patch.
OxygenOS 5.1.2 adds a few smaller fixes/features as well, including:
- Fixed auto-rotation stability issue
- Fixed Wi-Fi connection issue
- Fixed microphone not functioning issue for AKG earphones
- Added double-tap to lock screen
- Gallery app updated with Places (map view of where your photos were taken) and a Recently Deleted folder.
May 25, 2018 — Face Unlock comes to the OnePlus 3/3T with OxygenOS 5.0.3
The OnePlus 3 and 3T may be getting up in their age, but that doesn’t stop OnePlus from pushing new features to them. OxyenOS 5.0.3 is rolling out to the phones now, and the highlight here is easily the addition of Face Unlock.
This is the same technology introduced on the OnePlus 5T, allowing you to quickly unlock your 3 or 3T by just looking at it. Other items included with the update are as follows:
- Android security patch updated to May 2018
- Refined UI for the Shelf
- New app shortcuts design
- More options when long-pressing an app icon
- OnePlus Gallery gets Places menu, ability to share photos to Shot-On-OnePlus, and Recently Deleted collection
- Large Files category in File Manager
- OnePlus Weather app gets new widget, improved positioning accuracy, and refresh interval setting
- OnePlus 6 review
- OnePlus 6 vs. OnePlus 5T: How much changes in six months?
- OnePlus 6 vs. OnePlus 5: Should you upgrade?
- These are the official OnePlus 6 cases
- The OnePlus 6 doesn’t work on Verizon or Sprint
- Join the discussion in the forums