Moto X Style and Moto X (2014) Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates heading to Brazil and India
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || ).push();
David Schuster has announced via his Google+ page that two Motorola devices are starting to see their official update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The 2015 Moto X Style, which some dub the 3rd generation Moto X, in both India and Brazil will start to see the update appear today and going forward. As for the 2014 Moto X, 2nd gen if you will, the lovely folks in Brazil will see the update too. The key highlights of the update were listed out as follows:
Here are a few of the new improvements and features in the Marshmallow upgrade:
– A new Memory Manager that lets you check memory usage of all your installed apps
– Volume controls have been greatly improved
– Do not disturb button has been added to the quick settings panel for easy access.
– System UI Tuner will appear in the settings menu at the very bottom once enabled. It provides a few simple UI tweaks.
– Google Now on Tap allows contextual information to be delivered based on content on your screen with a long press of the home key.
– Doze is a battery management feature that detects when your device is not in use and it will automatically go into a deep sleep state which saves your battery.
– App Standby reduces battery drain by putting seldom-used apps into a reduced activity state.
– Expandable Storage support allows for microSD cards to be used either in a portable storage or an internal storage mode. Portable storage allows your pictures, videos, audio and other media files to be stored. Internal storage allows both media storage along with apps and games but can not be used by other devices.
– RAM manager in settings which allows a consumer to view memory used by the system or an individual app over different time frames
– Automatic App backup not only backs up your apps but their associated data so when restored they will be the same as they were before
– Text selection has been improved
One can’t forget the addition on App Permissions, but really, Doze is probably one of the greatest new features wrapped inside Android 6.0. The full changelog of what to expect when your device sees the update can be found at Motorola Mobility. Those of you that haven’t see the update notification pop up just yet can always attempt to trigger it by heading to the Settings > About Phone > System Updates. Be sure you have well over 50% battery life, a solid Wi-Fi connection and some time to kill for it to download and install.
The post Moto X Style and Moto X (2014) Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates heading to Brazil and India appeared first on AndroidSPIN.