Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z getting Android 4.3 Updates
Sony recently released the Android 4.3 update to the Xperia Z1 and Ultra and it was only going to be a matter of time before the other Z line started to see theirs. We are happy to pass along that Sony is currently pushing out that Android 4.3 update to the Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL and the Xperia Tablet Z.
Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to these devices – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
- Battery STAMINA Mode – updated version of Sony’s power management app, now with refreshed interface and more smart options for prolonging battery life
Increased user control for Xperia Tablet Z, with “Restricted Profiles”; option to create isolated, secure spaces with individual local storage, home screens, widgets and settings
While I am a happy Xperia Z owner, those of us here in the states know that it is going to be a while before T-Mobile probably rolls out the update. I can tell you though from personal experience with this update for the last week or so, that all the little features and tweaks certainly do make a HUGE difference to the device. I am particularly happy to report that it is noticeably smoother, the camera offers much more and the battery life has dramatically improved. T-Mobile will probably kill that off with bloatware though.
Be on the lookout for the update overseas to your various Xperia Z devices.
Via Sony Mobile