B&H Photo Kicks Off Pre-Orders for New Apple Devices, Offering Tax-Free Purchases in Some States
Pre-orders for the 2018 MacBook Air and iPad Pro have kicked off on Apple.com, and because the devices are brand new, we won’t see discounted prices on them for a while. Still, third-party retailers like B&H Photo offer the chance to save a bit of money at the onset of your new Apple purchase, depending on the state you live in.
According to B&H Photo’s guidelines, the retailer currently collects sales taxes in Alabama, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Vermont, Washington (state), and Wisconsin. For all non-listed states, residents won’t have to pay sales taxes on orders placed within those states, although B&H Photo informed me that more states will be added to the tax collection list soon.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
B&H Photo is selling 24 models of the new MacBook Air, including quite a few custom configurations. According to a company representative, customers can expect launch day shipping for all base models of the new products, but it’s not a guarantee. Some devices indicate a shipping date of November 8 and later, following Apple’s launch on November 7.
Note: B&H Photo appears to be dealing with a traffic volume issue, so some links may appear temporarily broken, but they all should work after a few refreshes.
For MacBook Air, the full list can be found on B&H Photo, and we’ve provided a few below:
- 1.6 GHz / 8GB RAM / 128GB SSD – $1,199.00
- 1.6 GHz / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD – $1,399.00
- 1.6 GHz / 8GB RAM / 512GB SSD – $1,599.00
- 1.6 GHz / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD – $1,799.00
The retailer also has numerous configurations of the Mac mini up for pre-order already:
- 3.6 GHz / 8GB RAM / 128GB SSD – $799.00
- 3.0 GHz / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD – $1,099.00
- 3.6 GHz / 32GB RAM / 128GB SSD – $1,399.00
- 3.6 GHz / 32GB RAM / 512GB SSD – $1,799.00
- 3.2GHz / 64GB RAM / 2TB SSD – $4,099.00
Lastly, you’ll find Apple’s new iPad Pro on B&H Photo as well:
- 11-inch / 64GB / Wi-Fi – $799.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $949.00)
- 11-inch / 256GB / Wi-Fi – $949.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,099.00)
- 11-inch / 512GB / Wi-Fi – $1,149.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,299.00)
- 11-inch / 1TB / Wi-Fi – $1,549.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,699.00)
- 12.9-inch / 64GB / Wi-Fi – $999.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,149.00)
- 12.9-inch / 256GB / Wi-Fi – $1,149.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,299.00)
- 12.9-inch / 512GB / Wi-Fi – $1,349.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,499.00)
- 12.9-inch / 1TB / Wi-Fi – $1,749.00 (Wi-Fi + Cellular for $1,899.00)
Lastly, B&H Photo has the second generation Apple Pencil up for pre-order at $129.00, also matching Apple’s price. On Apple.com, you can also order a few accessories for the new MacBook Air and iPad Pro, including the Leather Sleeve, Smart Keyboard Folio, and Smart Folio.
Related Roundup: Apple Deals
Discuss this article in our forums