What you missed this week at CordCutters.com
Jerry and Phil get the band back together and nerd out on some antennas.
One of the best things you can do when you ditch cable or satellite and go all-streaming is to rig up a good over-the-air system. It’s a relatively inexpensive way to fill any gaps in your coverage and ensure that you’ll get the local channels you need.
That’s not to say it’s not a little tricky. Everyone’s situation is going to be different. You have to balance your location (where you live in relation to the broadcast towers in your area) with your home situation (can you do an outdoor antenna?) and your geography (are mountains or buildings in the way?)
On this week’s CordCutters Podcast we sat down with our favorite neckbeard (and electrical guru) Jerry Hildenbrand to talk about the basics of antennas. It’s definitely a deal where things are simultaneously simple as well as a little complex. Hopefully this helps suss things out a bit.
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast if you’ve yet to do so, and hit us up with any questions you’ve got for the next one!
Speaking of antennas — this new one from Mohu is a BEAST.
More: The best over-the-air antennas
Here’s what else you missed this week at CordCutters.com:
- Shannon Nickinson weighs in on the state of Castle Rock, as we head into the season finale.
- Sony has three excellent (and not inexpensive) new projectors in its ranks.
- HBO signed Insecure and Ballers for additional seasons.
- Streaming news network Cheddar has a new female-centric show.
- Netflix has saved Designated Survivor.
- The new Jack Ryan series is good. But great?
- The hardware you need
- All about streaming services
- What channels are on which service
- FREE over-the-air TV
- How to watch sports
- Join the discussion
- Listen to the podcast
Get the latest deals