Engadget giveaway: Win a DiskStation DS418 courtesy of Synology!
After a quick setup and you could be running your own private cloud server with one of Synology’s NAS drives like the DiskStation DS418. This device can handle a variety of tasks while providing more storage space at an ultimately more affordable price than third-party online services. You can schedule backups of your personal computer and mobile data, synchronize data across all your devices and access files from anywhere with either a mobile device or PC. If you’re into 4K movies, the DS418 provides online transcoding via Video Station and DS video allowing high-res content to playback on devices that don’t even support UHD. With Surveillance Station software installed, you can also record and monitor video from connected security cameras. This week, Synology has provided us with one of its DiskStation DS418 4-bay models so that one lucky reader can expand their world of storage, streaming and capture. Just head to the Rafflecopter widget below for up to three chances at winning this NAS from Synology.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don’t make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Synology DiskStation DS418 4-bay NAS *drives not included ($369.99 value).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all of its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until December 1st at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!