OnePlus 3T’s first software update now arriving, and no it isn’t Nougat
As we all wait for Nougat, there’s a quick update to Marshmallow with welcomed fixes.
The OnePlus 3T’s first software update isn’t a substantial one — coming in at just 24MB — but I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. The update is beginning an “incremental” roll-out starting today, and should be available to all OnePlus 3T owners shortly.
Here’s the full list of changes from OnePlus:
- Optimizations for US-TMO Network
- Optimizations to Reduce Lag when Battery is below 5%
- Optimized Bluetooth Connectivity for Mazda Cars
- Optimized Battery Saving Mode: GPS and Orientation Preferences will be restored when Battery Saving Mode is closed.
- Fixed Flashlight Usability Issue in WhatsApp
- Increased System Stability
- Implemented Various Bug Fixes
Most people will be happy to see that there are improvements to T-Mobile network performance, as well as changes to make the phone perform better at low battery levels and properly restore settings when returning from Battery Saving Mode. That’s a lot to pack into such a small update.
We’re now in the middle of December, and that means there are just a couple weeks left for OnePlus to roll out the Nougat update officially to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. We’re waiting (somewhat) patiently for the update, but what we saw in a pre-release version has us extremely excited to try it out in an official capacity.
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
- OnePlus 3 review: Finally, all grown up
- The OnePlus 3T is official
- OnePlus 3 specs
- OnePlus 3T vs. OnePlus 3: What’s the difference?
- Latest OnePlus 3 news
- Discuss OnePlus 3 in the forums