Action Launcher version 3.5 update brings a new customizable ‘Quickbar’ feature
Action Launcher, one of our favorite third party launchers here at Android Authority, is receiving an update to version 3.5 today. Among other notable improvements and bug fixes, v3.5 of the app brings a new customizable Quickbar feature that will make your home screen much more efficient.
You can now add shortcuts and custom actions to the Search bar that will give you easy access to performing specific tasks or launching certain applications. There are a few preset Quickbar setups to choose from, including audio, social or productivity, or you can choose whichever apps you’d like.
Here’s a quick look at the full changelog for the version 3.5 update:
- NEW: Introducing the Quickbar! You can now customize the search bar/action bar with apps, shortcuts, folders and more!
- NEW: Add shortcuts to Manage apps and Battery usages. Can be used on for customizable Shortcuts and on the Quickbar.
- IMPROVEMENT: Adjust size/position of Google logo in the search bar to match latest Google App.
- CHANGE: Settings -> Shortcuts -> Global search mode has been removed. This functionality can of course still be configured, but now must be done so via the Quickbar.
- FIX: Fix issue where some shortcuts such as Google Inbox and Swarm would display the incorrect icon.
- FIX: Stability fix when changing wallpaper on Galaxy S6.
- FIX: No longer display Edit option when dragging widgets/shortcuts to a Home screen.
border: 2px solid #cfcfcf;
/* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */
Action Launcher version 3.5 is now available in the Google Play Store, so be sure to check it out by following the link below.