T-Mobile debuts Un-carrier 7.0 with Wi-Fi Unleashed
T-Mobile, on Wednesday added millions of cell phone towers to its network. Okay, not literally, but it certainly did so in figurative manner. The Un-Carrier just announced its 7.0 phase of the initiative which harnesses Wi-Fi connectivity both here on the ground and in the air.
T-Mobile customers with Wi-Fi calling and texting capabilities (pretty much all of them) can make free Wi-Fi calls to the United States inside or outside of the country. For those who don’t have a device capable of Wi-Fi calls can enroll in a special, limited time JUMP! upgrade to pick one up.
Slated to take effect on September 17, the Wi-Fi Unleashed program will see all Simple Choice customers with high speed internet and scoop up a free T-Mobile Personal CellSpot with a $25 refundable deposit. The best part in this announcement is that there are no extra apps to install or crazy configurations; simply make the calls as per normal. In essence, everyone of these CellSpots becomes a tower that gives subscribers full bars of service.
As if that we’re good enough, T-Mobile has partnered with Gogo to allow for free, unlimited texts, picture message, and visual voicemail. With roughly 75% of flights using GoGo this keeps T-Mobile customers connected in the sky, too.
Wi-Fi calling and texting for 100% of T-Mobile customers and business customers
- 100% of new smartphones in T-Mobile stores are Wi-Fi calling and texting capable.
- An exclusive enrollment window in JUMP! – T-Mobile’s revolutionary upgrade program – so 100% of customers can immediately upgrade to a new Wi-Fi calling ready smartphone.
Next-generation Wi-Fi calling and texting on its network
- Designed to deliver high-quality HD voice, fast call setup times, fewer dropped calls and seamless voice coverage between T-Mobile’s nationwide Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network and Wi-Fi with compatible smartphones.
Full-bars personal coverage wherever you choose
- The T-Mobile Personal CellSpot – a new device that enables everyone to put the capabilities of a personal T-Mobile tower in their house, delivering a full-bars T-Mobile experience ANYWHERE you have broadband, and equipped with a unique patent-pending technology that prioritizes voice calls for crystal clear HD Voice.
Coverage at 30,000 feet
- An exclusive, new partnership with Gogo – the world’s leading in-flight connectivity service – enabling T-Mobile customers to send and receive unlimited text and picture messages, and even get visual voicemail, on any Gogo-equipped flight on U.S.-based airlines.
The post T-Mobile debuts Un-carrier 7.0 with Wi-Fi Unleashed appeared first on AndroidGuys.