Deals: 2018 Mac Essentials Bundle, New Anker Chargers, and Latest 4K iTunes Movies on Sale
StackSocial this week launched the 2018 Mac Essentials Bundle, made up of ten apps that can help you be more productive, keep your online identity secure and private, clean up your Mac, and more. The bundle has an estimated value of $524.90 when adding up the cost of all ten apps included, but StackSocial knocked the price down to $19.99 for a limited time.
Additionally, those interested can enter the promo code SAVEMAC during checkout to get the 2018 Mac Essentials Bundle for an even cheaper price of $14.99. Note that you’ll need a StackSocial account to checkout on the company’s store. Once you have an account created, add the bundle to your cart, tap checkout, then enter SAVEMAC in the promo code box under “Order Summary” on the right side of the screen to take a further $5.00 off your order.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
The bundle offer should last for the next few weeks, so if you’re interested head over to StackSocial for more information and to place your order. Below we’ve listed each app included in the bundle, license and access information where applicable, and a brief description.
- BusyCal 3 / single-user license / lifetime access – A customizable calendar app that integrates with iCloud, Google, Exchange, and more, offering features like To Do lists, smart filters, iPhone syncing, and live weather forecasts.
- Cargo VPN / two year access – Provides you with the ability to encrypt an internet connection and keep your personal data private.
- HoudahSpot 4 – Find files by “hundreds of criteria” like name, file extension, pixel count, and more.
- uBar 4 / single-user license / lifetime access – Dock replacement with tab grouping options, window previews, in-dock reminders, and more.
- Cisdem DuplicateFinder 4 / lifetime access to all updates – Find and delete duplicate files in one go so that your Mac runs more efficiently.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum – Build your own theme park and gain access to expansion packs “Soaked!” and “Wild!” with the Platinum version.
- Systweak Anti-Malware Pro / 2 year subscription – Detects and quarantines unwanted or malicious programs automatically.
- Concealer / lifetime access – Hide and encrypt files, passwords, credit card details, and more.
- Movavi Photo Editor – Edit photos, add filters, correct photo orientation, change backgrounds, insert watermarks, scale down photos, and more.
- Flip PDF for Mac / lifetime license – Convert PDF files into mobile-friendly flipbooks, aimed at designers, publishers, and advertisers who want to create e-books, brochures, catalogs, and more.
In other deals, Anker today launched its new 7.5-watt ‘PowerWave’ Wireless Chargers, along with a set of promo codes that offer savings on the new chargers. For a limited time on Amazon, you can get 15 percent off one charger (with promo code POWER752) or 20 percent off two or more (with promo code POWER753).
The new devices include the PowerWave 7.5W Stand and PowerWave 7.5W Pad, each coming with built-in fans to help keep things cool and the ability to charge iPhones up to an hour faster than other accessories on the market, according to Anker. For a more detailed look at the new Qi-compatible chargers, be sure to read our full review.
Recently, DirecTV Now launched its latest offer for new subscribers, allowing them the chance to get $25 off each month for the first three months of any channel package. For example, you could get the low-tier “Live a Little” package for just $10/month for your first three months, down from $35/month. New subscribers interested can enter the promo code YESNOW3 in the checkout process, but this code is incompatible with DirecTV Now’s ongoing Apple TV 4K offer.
In regards to that offer, it’s worth noting that we’re now entering what is expected to be the last few weeks of DirecTV Now’s free Apple TV 4K deal. If you’ve been on the fence about it, definitely check out our full post on the deal and head over to DirecTV Now to place your order. For those who haven’t been following, the offer lets new users prepay for three months of DirecTV Now at $105, and then receive a 32GB Apple TV 4K for free.
Lastly today, we’ve rounded up a few of the latest sales hitting 4K HDR films on the iTunes Movies store and some notable discounts on iOS gaming apps.
4K HDR movies on sale
The Dark Tower – $9.99, down from $19.99 (Movie of the Week, $0.99 rental)
The Silence of the Lambs – $9.99, down from $19.99
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets – $9.99, down from $14.99
mother! – $9.99, down from $14.99
Daddy’s Home 2 – $9.99, down from $19.99
Only the Brave – $9.99, down from $14.99
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – $9.99, down from $14.99
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life – $9.99, down from $14.99
Alien: Covenant – $14.99, down from $19.99
War for the Planet of the Apes – $14.99, down from $19.99
iOS games on sale
Anomaly 2 – $3.99, down from $14.99
The Witness – $4.99, down from $9.99
Bridge Constructor Portal – $2.99, down from $4.99
Gorogoa – $3.99, down from $4.99
Darkest Dungeon: Tablet Edition – $0.99, down from $4.99
FROST – $2.99, down from $4.99
Visit our full Deals Roundup for more of the latest sales, this week including 10 percent off all certified pre-owned MacBooks on Gazelle.
Related Roundup: Apple Deals
Discuss this article in our forums