Budget vs. Mid-range vs. Premium: Exploring the different phone categories
The budget and mid-range phone space is full of great phones, so does that make you less likely to buy a flagship?
The Android space is saturated. There are great phones at every price point, from the $70 Moto E4 all the way up to the $800+ Galaxy S8+. And while the premium phone segment will always have a place in the market for early adopters and tech enthusiasts, it’s not clear whether the returns are worth it.
Case in point: the Moto G5 Plus, which costs around $230 but can be found for less, is a fantastic budget device with very few compromises. And the OnePlus 5, which costs $479, is a premium phone at a mid-range price. How do they stack up to the aforementioned Galaxy S8+? Our resident video guru, Jacklyn, explores this question in her latest video.
- Subscribe to Android Central on YouTube!
- Subscribe to Nothing But Tech on YouTube!
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Galaxy S8 and S8+ review!
- Galaxy S8 and S8+ specs
- Everything you need to know about the Galaxy S8’s cameras
- Get to know Samsung Bixby
- Join our Galaxy S8 forums
- Complete OnePlus 5 review
- OnePlus 5 specs
- Which OnePlus 5 model should you buy?
- Camera comparison: OnePlus 5 vs. Galaxy S8
- The latest OnePlus 5 news
- Join the discussion in the forums