Engadget giveaway: Win a set of refinished AirPods courtesy of BlackPods!
Like most Apple products, the AirPods are a solid option (and familiar fit) for those looking to check out truly wireless earbud-style headphones. The look when you’re wearing them, however, is a bit funky, and to date, there’s only one “color” option: white. That’s where BlackPods come in. The company offers a three-phase, military-spec refinishing service for the AirPods, delivering a more subdued black color in either Classic (high-gloss) or Stealth (satin). The company can refinish your existing headphones at a lower cost (the mail-in option) or you can simply buy a new set through BlackPods with the refinishing and shipping included for $279/$299 depending on style. For all our readers, the promo code ENGADGET will get you $20 off any of the options, but for two lucky souls, a free pair of BlackPods are in your future. All you need to do is head to the Rafflecopter widget below for up to three chances at winning a pair of refinished AirPods courtesy of BlackPods.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don’t make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) pair of Apple AirPods finished in either Stealth (satin black) or Classic (high-gloss black) by BlackPods ($299 / $279 value respectively).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all of its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until August 30th at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!