The Engadget Podcast Ep 17: Mansion on the Hill
Executive editor Christopher Trout and reviews editor Cherlynn Low join host Terrence O’Brien to talk about the week’s biggest news, including: Pandora Premium, Fitbit’s purchase of Pebble and the gaming industry’s nostalgia overload. Then Chris will tell the panel about his investigation into a failed gaming accessory that’s found a second life as a sex toy — clearly things get a little NSFW. Then all three will talk about what Amazon Go and other advancements in automation and mean for low-skill and low-wage jobs.
- Fitbit’s Pebble acquisition risks alienating loyal users
- Fitbit buys Pebble’s smarts, but not its products
- Bloomberg: Fitbit acquisition will kill Pebble Time 2 and Core
- The Novint Falcon: Haptic joystick turned futuristic sex toy
- Amazon Go is a grocery store with no checkout lines
- Technology is coming for your retail jobs
You can check out every episode on The Engadget Podcast page in audio, video and text form for the hearing impaired.
Watch on YouTube
Watch on Facebook
Subscribe on Google Play Music
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe on Pocket Casts