Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes update adds new characters from ‘Force Awakens’
Fresh off of watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens last night, I was hoping I could find some way to sneak it into the news for the day. My wish has been granted, as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes has now received a new update, bringing in characters from the latest Star Wars movie.
New unlockable characters include the movie’s villain, Kylo Ren, as well as hero characters such as Finn and Rey. Just for signing in after updating between the 18th and 24th of December, you’ll automatically get Captain Phasma and a Resistance Trooper.
Here’s the full list of Force Awakens characters that can be unlocked with the update:
- Finn: Resistance Tank that keeps the pressure up with a balance between offense and defense
- Kylo Ren: Versatile First Order attacker that evades projectiles and can reuse special attacks when damaged
- Captain Phasma: High damage leader that can grant First Order allies many extra attacks
- Poe Dameron: Resistance Tank with a Taunt that inflicts Expose for big reversals
- Rey: Risky Attacker with high damage and evasion, but is vulnerable to debuffs
- First Order Stormtrooper: First Order Tank that uses Advantage to disrupt enemies
- First Order Officer: First Order support that grants Advantage and can manipulate both ally and enemy Turn Meters
- First TIE Order Pilot: First Order attacker that can deal extreme damage in a single turn with Advantage
- Resistance Pilot: Resistance attacker that can use Expose, Foresight, and Turn Meter gains to surprise enemies
- Resistance Trooper: Opportunistic Resistance attacker that can deal heavy damage to debuffed enemies
If you’re unfamiliar with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the game is a turn-based RPG that lets you fight using iconic Star Wars characters from the movies, television shows, and more. This includes Han Solo, Luke, Darth vader, Ahsoka, and much more. The goal is to build up a team of great players and win as many battles as you can on various planets across the galaxy. The more you play and win, the higher chances you have of unlocking new characters. You can also buy new characters as in-app purchases of course.
For those that have the update already, what’s your favorite new character so far?
Next – Best Android games