AT&T Starts Pushing Android 4.4.2 Update to the LG G Flex
The self healing, flexible LG G Flex with AT&T has an update on the way today. AT&T has announced that OTA update that brings the LG G Flex up to Android 4.4.2 is rolling out as write this. Besides being brought up to a more recent Android build, the update is said to bring key enhancements to the user interface, battery efficiency and processing speed. Take a look at what AT&T has to say about it.
- Updated user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency: The phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.
- Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications faster than ever and improves web-browsing speed.
- Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.
- Knock Code ™: Tap a pattern to quickly and securely unlock the phone.
One of the more interesting additions is the Knock Code. That is where you can tap a pattern on your sleeping G Flex to unlock it. Those of you with a G Pro 2 will be pretty familiar with it.
If you don’t see the update yet you can always head into Settings>About Phone> Software Update>Update Now. You will want to make sure you have at least a 50% charge to your device, a Wi-Fi connection and some time to sit around waiting as the update comes in at 680MBs.